ARABIAN ESSENCE Privacy and Cookie Statement
Effective: 31 December 2019
We know that sharing your personal information with us is based on trust. We take this seriously and are committed to ensuring that we respect your privacy when you visit our website or use our services. Please review this Statement carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
We operate an online service that provides users with information and advertising about Arabian Horses, including events, pedigree, articles, services, products, photos, videos, and much more. In this Statement, these are collectively referred to as our Services.
Our Services are owned and operated by Arabian Essence. By visiting our websites and related applications, whether on a computer, phone, tablet, or similar device (these are all referred to as a “Device”), you are accepting the practices described below.
As a global company, we operate in a number of countries and territories where the laws and customs differ. This Statement provides a general overview of our privacy practices; our company and all our hosting servers are based in Italy (Europe). The Italian Courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all suits, actions, or proceedings and to settle all disputes arising in connection with Privacy and copyright purposes, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Torino, Italy.
E-Mail Newsletter service
Those Users who wish to receive newsletters from arabianessence.com, thus to use its “News Service” (newsletter service provided electronically and free of charge by Service Provider; it consists in sending by Service Provider information in a form of an e-mail to User’s e-mail address), shall submit their e-mail address and agree to personal data processing. Personal data consists of all pieces of information which enable the Service Provider to identify a User, for example, User’s e-mail address. The data are processed in order to provide the service electronically in the form of newsletter mailing. Submitting these data is voluntary yet necessary for “News Service” to be provided.
Service Provider uses the received personal data only for the purposes for which Users gave their consent. Such data will be processed on the basis of art. 6, section 1, point a) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). The data subject has the right to access their personal data and the right to rectify, delete, limit their processing, the right to data transfer, the right to object, the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the legality of the processing that has been carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal. In order to exercise the rights, the data subject may send an appropriate e-mail to the address: email@example.com . In case of the violation of the law, User has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent office dealing with the protection of personal data.
When you access or use our Services, we collect information from and about you to provide a more personalized and relevant experience. Some information we collect automatically. Other information we collect from different sources, including affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources. When you use our Services by “clicking-through” from a third-party site or when you visit third-party sites via our Services, those third-party sites may share information with us about your use of their service. Information collected may include the following:
- Contact information, including name, phone number and postal and email addresses
- Billing or payment information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code and billing address)
- Username and password
- Photos, reviews, forum and social posts and videos you may have provided to us
- Geolocation information
- Device information, such as when you accessed our Services and information about the Device used (for example, IP address, software or internet browser used, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers and advertising identifiers)
- Online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed, and apps reviewed
- Purchasing history
- Information about your horses and preferences
We may also collect, in instances where you have provided it, information about other people or their horses, including their email address and other Arabian horse-related information. If you are sharing information with us about other individuals, you must obtain their consent. You must obtain the consent of any other individuals if you are providing their data to us.
In addition to the categories noted above, we may also collect location information if you have instructed your Device to send such information via the privacy settings on that Device, or, for example, if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use your location information directly and/or share your location with third parties. We collect and share location information in order to provide you with relevant content, to analyze your use of our Services, to improve our Services and to provide contextual information. For example, we may use your location to show you the starting time of a particular event accordingly with your time zone.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time in order to turn off the functionality that collects and shares location information. However, turning off location-sharing may affect certain features that we offer. If you have any questions about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
We are committed to providing you with relevant content on our Services and respect the data privacy laws of our jurisdiction where we operate (Italy). We use information about you so we can help you enjoy and use our Services, including in the following ways:
- Register and manage your account, including to allow you access to and use of our Services
- Facilitate your searches
- Measure interest in and improve our Services
- Notify you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates, or our partners that may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you
- Enable communication between registered users and owners/representatives of listings farms and horses on our Services
- Enable us to publish your photos, videos and other content
- Make inferences about your interests or preferences
- Send you survey or market research invitations about Arabian Horses
- Respond to your questions and comments
Please note some information about you is required in order for us to provide you with relevant offerings from us, our affiliates and our partners and to enable you to enjoy other benefits of being a registered user. Please review the “Information Choices” section below with respect to your choices related to the collection and use of your information.
In order to provide some of our Services, we may need to share information with certain other third parties, including our collaborators, in the following circumstances:
- Our Collaborators. We share information with companies or collaborators. These companies or collaborators will comply with this Statement and all applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications.
- Suppliers. We share information with certain suppliers used to facilitate our Services, including to help with technical issue.
- Social Media Sites. When you use our Services and elect to share information with third-party social media sites, the information you share will be governed by the privacy policies of those social media sites and the privacy settings you have set with those social media websites.
Third parties may only collect or access information as needed to perform their permitted functions.
Certain Device operating system versions permit you to opt out of certain types of information sharing, including to certain advertising networks. Please check your Device settings if you want to limit such tracking.
You have options with respect to the collection and use of your information. You can access, update and even close your account by visiting the Member Profile page on our website
● You may choose the way we communicate with you. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on our websites.
● You can prevent the collection of geolocations information but note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our Services.
● You also can add or update information and close your account. If you close your account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. We may retain some information associated with your account (including past transactions) for internal purposes including backups, investigations and legal compliance for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement.
● As a registered member, you can modify your marketing subscriptions, including email subscription choices, at any time within your member settings. You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages, including emails with advertising and event information, in any such email we send.
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect your information.
We only authorize specific employees to access personal information and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share information. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized access to your information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information from unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, or other circumstances outside of our control.
We will retain copies of your information for as long as you maintain your account or as necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Statement, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In addition, we may retain your information for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise, or defend any legal rights.
Do Not Track Signals
Our website is not designed to currently respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal requests from browsers. This is due to the lack of global standardized interpretation that defines “Do Not Track” signals. Once the industry has settled on standards related to this issue, we may re-evaluate this approach.
What are cookies?
The cookies we use fall into three categories.
These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around the website and use all its features. Without these cookies, the website would not work properly, and you would not be able to use certain important features. For example, we use a cookie to keep you logged in during your visit, so the site does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages.
Analytics and customization Cookies:
These cookies help ensure that the advertisements you see on our Web site are as relevant to you as possible.
Visit AboutCookies.org for more information about cookies and how they affect your browsing experience.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Statement or data processing, or if you would like to reach out to us, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
European General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Statement (“GDPR Statement”)
This GDPR Statement applies to persons in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including those based in the United Kingdom. This GDPR Statement supplements our Statement; however, where the Statement conflicts with the GDPR Statement, the GDPR Statement will prevail as to persons in the EEA.
Controller of Personal Information
Arabian Essence is the data controller of the personal information we collect, however, in accordance with applicable data privacy law, we have appointed a representative within the European Union.
The contact details of our representative are:
Via Umberto I 6
10060 CERCENASCO (TO)
Your rights under GDPR
You have certain rights regarding your personal data.
Your rights with respect to your own personal data include the following:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed it; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data must be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling, overriding, legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. You may request that we send this personal data to a third party, where feasible. You only have this right if it relates to personal data you have provided to us where the processing is based on consent or necessity for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is conducted by automated means.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights described in this Statement). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights, you can file a request writing to email@example.com
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
Pursuant to GDPR, we will use your personal data in one or more of the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- With your consent
Your personal data may be stored or transferred to countries outside the EEA for the purposes described in this Statement. When we store or transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we take the following precautions to ensure that your personal data is properly protected.
Whenever we store or transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards. Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection; or
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
By using our services, you understand that your personal data may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Statement.